So this past week I tried not 1 new recipe, but 3! It was fun.
So if you are in the mood for steak...or fish...or Moroccan Stew, read on
Steak with mushroom sauce
Very Delicious!
I started this recipe thinking I had all the ingredients. About half way through cooking the mushrooms, I realized I did not have any beef bouillon for the broth. Figures. So I substituted Vegetable Bouillon instead.
Also, if you prefer a less runny sauce, throw in some cornstarch to thicken it.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Tilapia-Florentine
This tasted good!
Because of my dairy sensitivity, I substituted Tofutti Cream Cheese instead, but I bet it tastes great with Ricotta cheese.
It's very simple and quick to make. Add rice and frozen veggies on the side, and you got a quick, yet healthy meal.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Moroccan-Vegetarian-Stew
Very yummy!
Don't let the word vegetarian deter you! It's really simple to add a pound or two of meat...and the flavor of the stew is such that you can add beef, chicken, or pork, or really whatever you have on hand. I added 2 lbs of ground elk. I would brown the meat with the onion at the beginning of the recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment