Summer Squash! The plant doesn't look like much, but it did yield 2 small squash. 1 went bad at a very early stage in life, and the other made it to adolescence.
Zucchini! It yielded 1 very small zucchini. It also went bad during pre-adolescence.
Green Bell Pepper!(sorry for the sideways view)
It yielded 2. One got a bad spot and went bad while still on the plant.
And the other I accidentally broke off too early in it's life.
Jalepeno Peppers!
Actually did pretty well, all things considering. Late bloomer. Yielded about 6 mini-peppers.
I waited for them to grow larger, but instead of growing they turned colors from green to black to red.
Banana Peppers!
Thrived wonderfully!-amazingly enough. 1 of 3 plants that thrived well.
However, I discovered I really have very little use for fresh banana peppers.
Tomato Plant. Spent most of it's life dying of unknown causes.
Grape Tomatoes! #2 of 3 plants that thrived well.
And flourish, they did! Yummy, sweet, and fresh off the vine.
Parsley! My 3rd plant that thrived quite well.
This was cilantro. It obviously had a short life span.
Before it was a green pepper in this exact same spot with an even
shorter lifespan--it froze to death.
Tomato Plant #2!
Looked great all summer and finally produced some HUGE, (5"-6") yummy tomatoes in September.
Note for next year: use a stronger wire thingy.
Tomato #3. Is the story of a true survivor. Froze in the same late spring snowstorm that took the life of the green pepper, it overcame all odds. It survived and eventually moved on beyond the trauma of it's past and began growing. Now, at about 2 feet tall, it even has some yellow blossoms on it, that will probably never come to fruition due to the fact that it will probably freeze soon.
I forget what this flower is called. 2 out of 6 of these survived. Probably due to multiple transplantings because it took that many to figure out where they were less likely to die. It and the other survivor had a "semi-revival" since both were almost dead at one point, now they're only half dead.
My Mom planted the flowers in the uppermost flower pots. Those ones flourished.
The one in the bottom flower pot (yes, I planted it) is the sole full survivor of 6 of it's kind.
There is a partial survivor next to it. It was pure trial and error figuring out how much water this plant liked and didn't like, hence the high death rate. It's kind of a fickle plant.
The top plant (Regal Geranium) my friend, Frances, gave me.
It's thrived quite well--especially since my Mom trimmed it for me so it would bloom again.
The white flowers my Mom planted, and they also thrived.
The bottom geranium I planted...and then transplanted, because it didn't like it's first home. It liked it's 2nd home for awhile, but as you can see it's now tiring of it as well.
So much for my great gardening experiment. Green thumbs apparently don't come naturally to me. However, I'm not discouraged! I'll try again next year if I am in a situation to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment