My first ever baby shower was uber amazing! My Aunt Holly; lifelong-best friend, Frances; and Mom went all out with decorations, games and cake. My Aunt Caralee and Aunt Linda also helped out with amazing food and decorations (I love how my Dad's side of the family all help with occasions like this).
Frances next to her game table of prizes.
We played guess how many circus peanuts
around my belly was (22, in case you're curious).
Guess whose traits the Mom and Dad want the baby to have. (Lance and I were both self biased on this one)
How many animal crackers are in the jar? I guessed about 300...I was over by about 100.
Baby gift bingo
And what are the offspring of different animals called? Such as an eel?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Aunt Holly had a heyday decorating for the Circus baby shower. She made Diaper Circus Tents as center pieces.
This is how to make a Diaper Tent.
 |
News Paper Pinwheels
|
The food was really good too!
 |
Caramel Popcorn ( super yummy) Treasure Chest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An And my Mom did a spectacular job on the cakes, as she always does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And all the family and friends who came made it a wonderfully special occasion! Thanks to them, my little boy will have nice warm clothes to wear this winter, and beautiful blankets to snuggle him in, and other gifts to make this first year memorable.
My sweet cousins Josi and Elsa
My sister Wendy
Josi modeling her yummy sandwiches
My grandma...about to be a great-grandma!
My lifetime friend, Laura, and I
My almost lifetime friend, Emily, and I.
My closest friend of 18 years, Frances, and I.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment