About Me

My photo
I'm a homemaker! Stay busy with my husband, Lance, and baby, Caiden. We live in Wyoming. Taking the adventure of life one step at a time. Currently figuring out how the whole parent thing works.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Re-Thinking

Re-Thinking happens when the unexpected happens and all your carefully thought out plans, hopes, and dreams have to be re-planned, re-hoped, and re-dreamed. 

My vague (because there is plenty of time to figure out the details later, right?)  plans, hopes, and dreams were: primary: ~have a baby some time in December...hopefully a week or two before  
                         Christmas.
                       ~he'd be a full term baby, with a max of a 1 nights stay in the hospital
         secondary: ~both my baby showers would come first
                          ~I would have plenty of time to buy anything needed for myself and baby on Black
                           Friday.
                          ~ I would pack our hospital bags one month before the due date (Dec. 21st, so that                  
                           meant packing on Nov. 21st) just in case he comes a little early. That's good fore-
                           planning right?
                           After he's born, I'll nurse him since that's cheapest and healthiest.
Even with all those general plans I didn't feel adequately prepared for having a baby in a few weeks.

And then...
...the timeline got bumped up on me. I could be having the baby before December...and then most likely before Thanksgiving, just over a week away.
With being on bedrest, I have plenty of time to re-think. I realize immediately that
~ I'm not mentally prepared for labor and that I never will be, and it's less than a week away.
~Plus labor probably won't last quite as long as I had anticipated, which could make getting to the hospital  on time difficult since we live an hour away.
 ~I probably won't be having a full term baby, so he might be in the NICU for a week, hopefully no more; also at this early stage he might not take to nursing so I might have to invest in a good pumping set (which certainly was not in the original budget, but is still cheaper and healthier than formula).
 ~My baby will get to attend our 2nd baby shower.
~The hospital bags need packed NOW! And the carseat taken to the car (where it remains uninstalled, but at least it's in the car right? Plenty of time later to figure out installation...)

~Oh, and the baby laundry needs done so everything is clean and ready for him when he makes his appearance!

So here I am: lying on the couch attempting to hold off full labor for a few more days. I live out of my toiletry bag, since it's easier to do that than try to repack it in a rush. Waiting patiently for the unknown day and hour...with a seriously re-thought outlook on everything in the near future.

Psalm 94:11: ...The Lord knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath


Proverbs 19:21: Many are the plans in the mind of a man, 
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment